- Ensure that all pupils become confident, fluent, have the knowledge to reason mathematically solving problems independently.
- Develop a sense of enjoyment, curiosity, understanding and love of mathematics.
- Encourage children to think creatively in order to become resilient and enquiring learners, and effective communicators in mathematics.
- Equip children with the knowledge required to be ready for the next stage in their education and be aware of the uses and implications of mathematics, today and for the future.
- To widen children’s horizons to understand the uses and implications of mathematics today and in the future.
*Colours link intent back to Whole School Curriculum Intent