- Provide all children with the foundations for understanding the world through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics so they are prepared for the KS3 curriculum.
- Encourage a sense of excitement and curiosity about natural phenomena.
- Encourage children to be independent, enquiring learners that pose their own questions, know ways to investigate these and form their own conclusions.
- Equip children with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
- Know they are responsible for the choices they make as global citizens and be aware of the impact they can have on the planet.
*Colours link intent back to Whole School Curriculum Intent