Diversity and Cultural Understanding
To help children widen their horizons, foster an awareness of the difference they can make as global citizens. and understand the diverse word around them, we:
- Explore the world around us and learn about a range of different places, people and cultures.
- Investigate discrimination through history and encourage children to be change agents.
- Address prejudice and bullying and support others to reach their potential.
- Learn about the concepts of democracy and power and develop an understanding of authority and justice.
- Learn about inspirational people who have led the way to create a non-discriminatory society.
- Explore historical and modern-day injustices to empower our children to know that they have a part to play in continuing the journey for a better world.
- Interweave this thread throughout our curriculum teaching, from EYFS to Year 6.