All lessons build on prior learning and teachers support children to learn and remember more through:
- Teaching design and technology discreetly following the curriculum overview and knowledge progression across the school to ensure depth and progression across the school.
- Opportunities to enable links to other curriculum areas through our curriculum threads.
- Opportunities for curriculum adaptation and challenge, pre-teaching and interventions for those children who may require it, including those with SEN, throughout a topic or prior to a new topic being taught.
- Provide appropriate quality equipment for each area of the curriculum.
- Be organised so that pupils can work in small groups or whole class as appropriate to support pupils in their development of their skills.
- Be a safe space for children to learn and develop their DT skills, such as; sewing, cooking and wood work.