Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Purpose of the Pupil Premium
The pupil premium is additional funding given to maintained schools to narrow attainment gaps between disadvantaged pupils and other pupils.
It is also used to support pupils with parents in the regular armed forces - this part of it is known as the service premium.
The grant may be spent:
- For the educational benefit of pupils registered at our school or at other maintained schools or academies
- On community facilities, such as charitable services which benefit pupils at our school or their families or people who live or work in your school's locality
Eligibility and amount per pupil in 2022-2023
- Primary aged pupils recorded as ‘ever 6 free school meals (FSM)’: £1,385
- Looked after children (LAC) and previously-LAC: £2,410
- Pupils recorded as ‘ever 6 service children’ or in receipt of a pension from the Ministry of Defence: £320
‘Ever 6’ FSM pupils are those that have been recorded as eligible for FSM at any point since January 2016. FSM eligible pupils are those whose parents receive certain benefits.
LAC refers to children who have been looked after by a local authority for at least one day. Post-LAC refers to those who have left local authority care via adoption or special order.
‘Ever 6’ service children are those that have been recorded as eligible since January 2016.