All lessons taught build on prior learning and will be supported through:
- A clear progressive curriculum.
- Reading key vocabulary and applying phonics work when relevant.
- Elaborative questioning to challenge pupils to apply their learning in a range of ways and reflect on their thinking.
- High expectations in the quality of work produced.
- Clear and progressive plans of content and process knowledge.
- Children encouraged to pose questions and spark curiosity.
- High expectations in the quality of discussion, responses and work produced.
- Writing phrases from memory.
- Opportunities to communicate for practical purposes.
- Opportunities for curriculum adaption and challenge, pre-teaching and interventions for those children who may require it, including those with SEN, throughout a topic or prior to a new topic being taught.