High quality Physical Education is taught at Marston Thorold’s CE Primary School as an area of learning in its own right for at least 2 hours a week. We teach lessons so that children:
- Have the opportunity to participate in P.E at their own level of development
- Have fun and experience success in a variety of sports
- Secure and build on a range of skills
- Develop good sporting attitudes
- Understand basic rules
- Experience positive competition
- Learn in a safe environment
- Have a foundation for lifelong physical activity, leaving primary school as physically active.
- Opportunities for curriculum adaptation and challenge, pre teaching and interventions for those children who may require it, including those with SEN, throughout a topic or prior t a new topic being taught.