- Provide all children with broad and balanced opportunities to nurture, develop and inspire their creative talents.
- Have an appropriate progression of knowledge in place which supports pupils in knowing more and remembering more as design technicians
- Embed the content & process knowledge to achieve their true potential in textiles, mechanisms, food, structures, digital communications, and electrical systems.
- To develop children’s curiosity and sense of excitement about design and technology in range of diverse and exciting contexts
- To widen children’s horizons and give them the means and opportunity to learn about the wider world of design and technology. Broaden their horizons to all the opportunities available in the design and technological world.
*Colours link intent back to Whole School Curriculum Intent