- Provide all children with the knowledge to understand Britain’s past and that of the wider world and to prepare them for the next stage of their education.
- To develop children’s curiosity and sense of excitement about the past and its impact on the world today.
- Encourage children to use the historical skills of enquiry to pose their own historically-valid questions, think critically, weigh evidence, sift arguments, make connections and develop perspective and judgement.
- To widen children’s horizons to understand how people’s lives have shaped this nation and how Britain has influenced and been influenced by the wider world.
- Equip children with the historical skills required to be aware of the complexity of people’s lives, the process of change, the diversity of societies and the relationships between different groups, as well as exploring their own identity and the challenges of their time.
*Colours link intent back to Whole School Curriculum Intent