HOW WILL THIS BE MEASURED?
Pupil Voice will show:
- A developed understanding of the vocabulary and grammar of a modern foreign language, French.
- A secure understanding of the key techniques and methods for each key area of the MFL curriculum: speaking and listening, reading and writing.
- A progression of understanding, with appropriate vocabulary which supports and extends understanding.
- Confidence in discussing their own work and identifying their own strengths and areas for development.
Displays around school and books will show:
- Pupils have had opportunities for practice and refinement of skills.
- A varied and engaging curriculum which develops a range of language skills.
- Developed and final pieces of work which showcase the skills learned.
- Clear progression of skills in line with expectations set out in the progression grids.
- That pupils, over time, develop a range of skills and language enabling them to communicate in French with another person.
The curriculum leader will:
- Celebrate the successes of pupils through planned displays.
- Collate appropriate evidence over time which evidences that pupils know more and remember more.
- Monitor the standards in the subject to ensure the outcomes are at expected levels.
- Provide ongoing CPD support based on the outcomes of subject monitoring to ensure that the impact of the curriculum is wide reaching and positive.