This was written in conjunction with our pupils and staff:
‘TOGETHER IN FAITH WE ASPIRE TO ACHIEVE OUR TRUE POTENTIAL’
True to the generous legacy of Sir John Thorold, together with our Christian Values, we strive to create a safe, inclusive and nurturing family where everyone can flourish and achieve their true potential. Faith informs and inspires all that we do, in our relationships with each other and the local and global community as caring custodians of our planet. We aim to raise independent, resilient and caring individuals who aspire to excellence, developing creative abilities and building the foundations of a healthy mind and body.
'Rooted and Grounded in Love' - Ephesians 3:17
STATEMENT OF EDUCATIONAL AIMS
- To promote the spiritual, moral, cultural and mental and physical development of the child and their citizenship skills based on Christian principles
- To enable pupils to learn and apply knowledge, skills and practical abilities in a stimulating and secure environment
- To encourage high standards in both work and play and to recognise and praise at every opportunity the achievement and effort of every child
- To develop an awareness of beauty and a sense of awe and wonder in the created world
- To enable the children to appreciate that the school is part of the local communities and to nurture good relationships within those communities
- To lay the foundations for children to become mature, confident and responsible adults
- To use all the financial resources wisely to provide good accommodation and surroundings and the highest possible levels of staffing and equipment.