The Early Years Foundation Stage sets standards for the learning, development and care of your child from birth to 5 years old.
Areas of learning
Your child will mostly be taught through games and play.
The areas of learning are:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design
Further detail can be found in the Statutory framework that:
- sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well
- ensures children are kept healthy and safe
- ensures that children have the knowledge and skills they need to start school
If you wish your child to attend Reception at Marston Thorold's, you will need to follow the normal admissions procedures as detailed at https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/schools-and-education/school-admissions/primary-infant-and-junior-school-places/132835.article